A ONE-OF-A-KIND CENTER FOR LITERATURE, FINE ART AND
CULTURAL HERITAGE IN MONTGOMERY COUNTY
Known as HMAP, the Hyattstown Mill Arts Project operates out of historic Hyattstown Mill located in a rustic country setting near the historic town of Hyattstown, Maryland. The mill is about 25 miles northwest of Washington, DC. in Little Bennett Regional Park. The park is operated by the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, and is located in northern Montgomery County, Maryland.
HMAP is a membership-based non-profit cultural arts organization dedicated to preserving the cultural and historical heritage of the region. HMAP is part of a close working partnership involving the Montgomery County Government, Little Bennett Regional Park and the Park and Planning Commission and seeks to embrace adjacent areas in nearby Frederick County, Maryland in its service to the greater Hyattstown region. The organization hosts fine art, music, literary, education and outreach activities throughout the year.
HMAP MEMBER SHOW
Saturday 29th at 2:00pm --- Folk Singer Shortbread
At 7:00 its BLACK | OUT with Chris D'Aquino, Johnny Jamison,
Sam Smisek, and Jacob Maughn
On Sunday 30th catch Elle Dimond's Band THE TRIO at 2:00
C A L L F O R
E N T R I E S
2015 Hyattstown Mill Arts Project Membership Exhibition
The Hyattstown Mill Arts Project at the historic mill in Hyattstown, Maryland, invites you to participate in our annual membership exhibition.
Exhibition Dates: Saturday, September 19, 2015 to Sunday, October 25, 2015
Opening Reception: Saturday, September 19th, 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
1. You must be a Hyattstown Mill Arts Project member to exhibit in this show. We are looking for new members. We encourage you to renew your membership or join for the first time our community of artists, writers, and musicians.
2. There is no advance application or jury process. Just bring one piece of art to the mill on Saturday, September 12th between 10:00 and 1:00. You can renew or activate your membership at that time. Dues are: Student $15 Individual $30 Family $40
3. Please identify the back or bottom of your artwork with the title and your name. Paintings and drawings should be suitable for hanging. We can provide pedestals for three-dimensional work. Please contact Bobby Donovan (301-834-1142) in advance for anything that poses more than the usual challenge in displaying. Artists of heavy sculpture and those whose artwork requires special handling will be asked to assist in installation and de-installation.
4. HMAP will retain a 20% commission on any artwork that is sold and will pay the artists within 30 days after the show is down.
5. Artists are encouraged, but not required, to support the project by providing two hours of gallery supervision or by providing refreshments for the opening reception.
The mill gallery is open Saturdays and Sundays 10:00 – 4:00.
Questions? Please contact Bobby Donovan at email@example.com or 301-830-1142.
The Hyattstown Mill Arts Project
14920 Hyattstown Mill Road, Hyattstown, MD 20871 www.hyattstownmill.org